This Page

has been moved to new address

tired much?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
re:defined: tired much?

Friday, May 7, 2010

tired much?


last night, after dinner, per my usual, i had to lay down on the couch and take 5. for some reason, after i eat any meal, i feel far more nauseous than i did before i ate. (good times, good times.) so dave finished up dinner with the kids, and then we put the kids to bed around 7:15.

so 7:45, the kids were asleep, and we regrouped on the piece of couch that is free of both wall hangings and laundry (yes, i have to finish painting today before company shows up at 6:30). we're both pretty exhausted, and i feel awful, so we lay on this 4 foot parcel of couch, and within 10 minutes, we're fast asleep. unconscious.

dave, apparently, wakes up and gets back to working creating a new flash web site for new hope. it's one of (what we've now labeled, because it's a slight illness?) his "immersions," currently, so he essentially doesn't sleep. he works for hours on sermons, websites, and any number of things...starting at 10 or 11 pm when i turn in. he eventually sneaks into bed in the middle of the night like he's been out drinking with his buddies or something, but no, he's been working.

i, on the other hand, continue sleeping until 1:30 am, when i wake up and realize i just went to bed at 8:00.

8:00?! i mean...really?!

and when i woke up to dave still working (huge surprise here), i made fun of him for a minute or two after he pretends like he'll be up soon, and then headed to bed (again?). and i fell asleep. mind you, i had already slept for almost 6 hours, and i managed to fall back asleep and sleep straight through until this morning at 7:15 when the kids woke up (and elias proceeded to admonish me for taking his soccer uniform to wash it. what was i thinking?! [uhh, that it was really dirty?]).

i mean, by the time you have two children, you've got to be behind, what, months of sleep? so i'm not trying to be hard on myself for sleeping like a raging college student, but...

it seems a bit profuse.

so- anyone else have a tale of ridiculous sleeping?
don't leave me hanging, guys.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Yelp! said...

yup. for the first 4 months i got home from work at 530, maybe ate dinner - more like, looked at a glass of water, and fell asleep by 8 the latest and sleep thru until 730 when it was time to get up for work. and that was like, a chore. sleep it up, sleep it up.

Sunday, May 09, 2010  
Blogger emmy. said...

Well I don't really sleep too crazy lately. My internal clock always likes to get me up with the sun - which is sometimes super annoying. BUT I do know what its like to go to bed way earlier than your man. Michael usually writes/works/etc until the wee hours and always says "I'll be up soon." (ya right) But I do love the kinda dream state I'm in when he finally does curl up next to me!

Sunday, May 09, 2010  
Blogger The World According to Jeff said...

I once worked 2 jobs for nearly 48 hours straight, and then I went home. Upon getting home, I recall unlocking the front door, and then....I woke up half a day later laying face down with my head in the house and my feet outside the house, door open, keys hanging from the door knob. Good times.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home