This Page

has been moved to new address

when the writing on the floor is in brown crayon

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
re:defined: when the writing on the floor is in brown crayon

Thursday, April 8, 2010

when the writing on the floor is in brown crayon

i was sitting here at my desk this morning thinking, "hmm. i really don't have any good ideas for a blog today." this happens a lot, despite what you may think. i thought for a moment whilst sipping my tea (yes, whilst) and started working on a blog about the kids rooms and what i'm thinking for the future.

and while i sat here, looking for some good ideas, googling crib sets, guess, just guess, what piper was doing.

here. take a look :)


(yeah, really wishing i had painted my toenails now that i've featured them so prominently in this video)

some of you have asked me questions in the past like "michelle- how do you do it all?!" and "how do you find the time to write?!" (by the way, these kinds of statements do make me laugh. because i KNOW what i do all day. and realize i ought to divulge more of my realities to you if you actually think these things...)

you see folks, there's a very simple answer to these questions: i ignore my children.

i don't have superhuman powers.
and i don't always write when my children sleep (although i do admittedly try to write when piper naps, and as you saw, for good reason).

i write when i feel like it, sometimes even at the expense of my children (gasp).
i don't occupy my children all day, and i sure do get mad at them when they're not playing nicely while mommy's trying to write.

i even yell at them.
(i will tell you that yelling does make me hate myself when my beautiful children simply want my attention. do they have to literally climb on me, though? and cry and wipe their snot on my lap while i type?? apparently...yes.)

so this is a little gift from me to you. it's hard for every mom to find the time to do...well, anything.
and it's even harder not to laugh when the marker on the floor is in brown crayon :)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh my! this made me think of the book "Harold and the Purple Crayon!" Hang in there chica. I hope you are feeling better!

Thursday, April 08, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, April 08, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how she's still got the marker in her hand at the end of the video!

Thursday, April 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home